"winning is a matter of endurance. As long as you don't quit, you'll win!"

Search This Blog


Welcome to My Journey, I am Eunece V. Franklin, and this is "A Day in the Life of." I started my journey by "blogging" about my MBA pursuit (with an emphasis in Marketing). However, I have achieved that goal, and now invite you to follow me on my career journey. I am quite excited about the various opportunities that exist, and I would like to thank my parents, siblings, and friends, for their unwavering support. I invite you to follow me on this adventure as I continue to nourish my intellectual curiosity and open the doors for you to sneak a peek in, "A Day in the Life."




Eunece V. Franklin, CEO& Principal...

Connect-A-Preneur, LLC

Connect-A-Preneur, LLC
"You Decide, WE Inspire, Connect, and Deliver!"

Saturday, December 29, 2012

Senseless Killings in Chicago, Illinois---

Two days remain in 2012, and according to Chicago Police Superintendent Garry McCarthy, the statistics of homicides have increased since 2008 with a record total of 500. Gang violence, illegal guns, absent parents, a poor educational system, and a lack of community support continues to plague Chicago's West and South side neighborhoods. The senseless killings are enough to make the city of "Big Shoulder's" and other American cities rise and take notice. As such, homicides in Chicago are up 17 percent over the last year, and shootings are up 11 percent...the numbers are staggering and unacceptable! In fact, for the record, Chicago, Illinois has strict gun laws compared to the rest of the country, and yet the proliferation of gun violence in the city continues to increase every year because criminals have easy access to guns. In my humble opinion, you need to isolate the problem areas, instill a 24 hour curfew, identify the known criminals, then call in the National Guard! Doing so will send a clear message..."WE ARE TAKING OUR STREETS BACK, AND OUR CHILDREN!" Community activists, parents, clergymen, politicians, and anyone concerned with the high level of violence in the great city of Chicago should pause for concern. In fact, whether the killings are in Newtown, Connecticut, or Chicago, Illinois, it all leads back to guns and the irresponsible individuals that have access to these weapons of mass destruction. Lastly, bullets do not have eyes, and how long before the tragic killings spread to your neighborhood. I'm just saying...

No comments:

Post a Comment