"winning is a matter of endurance. As long as you don't quit, you'll win!"

Search This Blog


Welcome to My Journey, I am Eunece V. Franklin, and this is "A Day in the Life of." I started my journey by "blogging" about my MBA pursuit (with an emphasis in Marketing). However, I have achieved that goal, and now invite you to follow me on my career journey. I am quite excited about the various opportunities that exist, and I would like to thank my parents, siblings, and friends, for their unwavering support. I invite you to follow me on this adventure as I continue to nourish my intellectual curiosity and open the doors for you to sneak a peek in, "A Day in the Life."




Eunece V. Franklin, CEO& Principal...

Connect-A-Preneur, LLC

Connect-A-Preneur, LLC
"You Decide, WE Inspire, Connect, and Deliver!"

Sunday, December 16, 2012

How people die by firearms in the United States:


Total =32,163 

*Murder Suicides- 18,000 
Homicide Suicides-11,000 
Unintentional/Police Interventions-3,163


An overwhelming majority of people die from guns in the United States, and I thought it was important to share with you the truth, rather than the misinformation that flood the media. The numbers above are statistics from 2011 (cdc.gov), and clearly we live in a culture of violence, in the Unites States. That said, the high profile mass shootings that we see on the nightly news are (murder suicides). As such, it is time to take action because we are at war and the enemies are guns, mental illness, and a society of selfish, greedy, irresponsible people afraid to speak the truth, and do the right thing. People so caught up with self interest and ambition that safety and prosperity for all is an after thought. More important, if people have the power to move mountains, when are we going to witness the movement? Wake up America! How many more times do we have to sit and watch the media showcase a list of murdered citizens? In fact, whether the deaths are on the streets of Chicago, a shopping mall in Oregon, or an elementary school in Connecticut, the result is still the same…death; Enough is enough! Are we not tired of grieving for senseless deaths in the country? “If you see something, say something, if you say something, do something.”

I’m just saying…

No comments:

Post a Comment