"winning is a matter of endurance. As long as you don't quit, you'll win!"

Search This Blog


Welcome to My Journey, I am Eunece V. Franklin, and this is "A Day in the Life of." I started my journey by "blogging" about my MBA pursuit (with an emphasis in Marketing). However, I have achieved that goal, and now invite you to follow me on my career journey. I am quite excited about the various opportunities that exist, and I would like to thank my parents, siblings, and friends, for their unwavering support. I invite you to follow me on this adventure as I continue to nourish my intellectual curiosity and open the doors for you to sneak a peek in, "A Day in the Life."




Eunece V. Franklin, CEO& Principal...

Connect-A-Preneur, LLC

Connect-A-Preneur, LLC
"You Decide, WE Inspire, Connect, and Deliver!"

Sunday, November 3, 2013

"Change is good"

As I close one door and open another, set to move within three weeks, it has not always been easy, but it’s never been boring. In fact, there is something unique and life-affirming about moving into a new home. After all, a new home provides a new sanctuary where I have the opportunity to pair down my belongings, design the new space, and start a new beginning. I am excited, yet nervous! Nevertheless, I envision hope and optimism as I take a giant leap of faith after spending 18 years of my life at Trevi Square Condominiums! I have lived and loved at Trevi Square. Further, it was the first purchase in my adult life-finally a homeowner, something that my father said was a “right-of-passage” for every responsible American.

Well, I am definitely an American, but not always the most responsible American. After all, it was at Trevi Square where I made numerous “growing” blunders as a young adult. Needless to say, I can assure you that I have lived rather than existed over the past 18 years at Trevi. In fact, walk with me down memory lane. In November of 1995, I remember vividly wanting a 2 bed, 2 bath traditional loft with high ceilings, brick walls, wood burning fireplace, outdoor deck, and a cozy upstairs duplex bedroom; my dream came true! All my friends loved my new bachelorette pad and thought that the space was unique as we planned our first gathering (and many, many more to come). I must admit, the large arched windows provided additional charm overlooking the courtyard to the north, and Michigan Avenue to the south. Notwithstanding, I would have garage parking that was the perfect place to safe-keep my new BMW convertible. It looked as though I had finally arrived, and according to Webster’s dictionary, I was the new BUPPY (“A young, upwardly mobile black professional”) with a loving family, good paying job traveling the country, and a new man to boot! However, I would be remiss in not mentioning my favorite house warming gift at Trevi Square; Mayday, my partner and crime room-mate. A 12 week old Cocker Spaniel, who only passed November 19, 2011. Mayday was the true love of my life, and a gift from GOD; Funny, I guess that is why Dog spelled backwards is GOD! 

Mayday and I will meet up again, but not now as I begin a new journey and continue to embrace CHANGE. This is God’s plan, and I must carry on…

No comments:

Post a Comment