"winning is a matter of endurance. As long as you don't quit, you'll win!"

Search This Blog


Welcome to My Journey, I am Eunece V. Franklin, and this is "A Day in the Life of." I started my journey by "blogging" about my MBA pursuit (with an emphasis in Marketing). However, I have achieved that goal, and now invite you to follow me on my career journey. I am quite excited about the various opportunities that exist, and I would like to thank my parents, siblings, and friends, for their unwavering support. I invite you to follow me on this adventure as I continue to nourish my intellectual curiosity and open the doors for you to sneak a peek in, "A Day in the Life."




Eunece V. Franklin, CEO& Principal...

Connect-A-Preneur, LLC

Connect-A-Preneur, LLC
"You Decide, WE Inspire, Connect, and Deliver!"

Friday, October 26, 2012

Is Authenticity Important in Friendships?



Shakespeare gave us this ethical principle: "This above all - to thine own self be true. When our behavior does not match our values, we are not living authentically." As such, years ago, I learned the importance of  "being real," which is the main reason that I like to surround myself with like-minded individuals. Unfortunately, being an outgoing, high-spirited, outspoken person, over the years, I have unwittingly allowed people with differing opinions to come into my life. Yes, variety is the spice of life, unless the spice promotes negativity, false hope, and quite frankly, phony promises. Further, this begs the question, "Is Authenticity Important in Friendships?" Well, according to Dr. Carl Hammerschlag, pioneer in Body-Spirit Medicine, and Faculty member, University of Arizona Medical School, "Being authentic; the key to truly happy, healthy relationships. It is not possible to be happy without being true to yourself. Unfortunately, many people live their entire lives never discovering their authentic self. In fact, being authentic is being genuine, not a fake persona that you want people to see."

Hallelujah, Dr. Hammerschlag. I concur! Nonetheless, I am fortunate to have met some honest, decent people full of positive mind, spirit, and integrity, whom I consider true friends. Therefore, YES, authenticity is vital for any lasting friendship. Admittedly, it does not take me long  to spot a phony, and my response to them, "Please stay away from me!"

For further information on this fascinating topic, check out Dr. Hammerschlag's book for guidance and spirituality: http://wwsg.com/hammerschlag-carl-md


No comments:

Post a Comment