"winning is a matter of endurance. As long as you don't quit, you'll win!"

Search This Blog


Welcome to My Journey, I am Eunece V. Franklin, and this is "A Day in the Life of." I started my journey by "blogging" about my MBA pursuit (with an emphasis in Marketing). However, I have achieved that goal, and now invite you to follow me on my career journey. I am quite excited about the various opportunities that exist, and I would like to thank my parents, siblings, and friends, for their unwavering support. I invite you to follow me on this adventure as I continue to nourish my intellectual curiosity and open the doors for you to sneak a peek in, "A Day in the Life."




Eunece V. Franklin, CEO& Principal...

Connect-A-Preneur, LLC

Connect-A-Preneur, LLC
"You Decide, WE Inspire, Connect, and Deliver!"

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Silence Really is Golden!

I aspire to 'EMERGE' as one of the top change management  consultants! Oh yeah, I am FOR HIRE (lol)...
As I mentioned in an earlier post last week, I love reading Seth Godin's blog because it speaks to truth. Conversely, as I read my morning dose of Seth, I had an epiphany..."Silence is golden." Allow me to opine. Seth blogged about merging vs. emerging, and that we need to EMERGE. I totally agree! However, sometimes as you prepare to emerge, "Silence is golden"...at least in the initial phase. Case and point: I was so excited about being selected to work with the Taproot Foundation that I shared this information with my parents. Dad was excited for me, but needless to say, my mom could not understand why I was volunteering my expertise (for FREE). Notwithstanding, as the great Maya Angelou said, "All great achievements take time." Well, after the initial shock of getting hit over the head (thanks mom) LOL...I realized that most people cannot grasp the idea of the struggle, hard work, and perseverance one puts in as they strive to EMERGE. Therefore, my new mantra..."Silence is golden." However, keep it moving, and  M.I.H. (Make it Happen)! I ask the question: "How do you plan to EMERGE?"

http://sethgodin.typepad.com/seths_blog/2011/09/mergingemerging.html

No comments:

Post a Comment